Wednesday, May 1, 2013

BEDM Challenge: Day 1 Story of My Life

Rich and I sharing the first dance at our wedding in Las Vegas.
Today is the first day of Story of My Life's Blog Every Day in May Challenge or BEDM as I am now calling it. :) I wasn't really sure how to go about this challenge, but I decided to try and approach it as broadly as possible and I think it gives you a nice little idea of who I am and where I'm going!

The challenge for Day 1: The story of your life in 250 words or less.

I’m Crystal Del Turpin a Texan living abroad in Seoul, South Korea. Since moving to Korea I have taught English in a private school, learned to practice Taekwondo, and even opened my own vintage clothing shop on Etsy. I am married to a wonderful man, Rich, who is currently serving in the U.S. Army as a Blackhawk pilot and we have been living abroad for over a year. I grew up in a tiny Texas town with an even tinier high school and when I graduated I never looked back! First, I left for an internship in East Texas studying seminary, then I took off for England for a year before finally coming back to Texas for a couple of years before I was off again. I was fortunate enough to land a scholarship to Kansas State University and completed my undergraduate in the middle of the country in the beautiful Midwest. I was 23 before I truly experienced four seasons and snow! Not only did Kansas give me snow, but best of all I met my husband Rich during my junior year of school. Rich and I embarked on a whirlwind romance and got married in exciting Las Vegas just over a year from our first date. I have a love of languages, food, fitness, and I am a free spirit who never shies from adventure. I will be returning to America to start graduate school at the University of Alabama and I can’t wait to see whom I’ll meet and what I’ll learn in the newest chapter of my life.


4 comments:

  1. Lovely! Sounds like an exciting and wonderful life:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the comment and for stopping by! I am definitely blessed and grateful for what I have been given and this challenge was great for remembering that. :)

      Delete
  2. Wow! You have been very busy! It must be a real experience living in different countries and becoming a local! I have always wanted to experience the way of living in Italy and France. One day!

    Rachel x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank for stopping by and commenting. :) Living abroad is definitely an experience and takes some getting used to, but it is so worth it when you finally get into your groove. Italy or France would be amazing! I know that I wouldn't go hungry in either of those countries. ;)

      Delete