Am I alone in LOVING actual mail? Like the good old-fashioned paper kind (so long as it isn't school loans, amirite? ;)) because there is just that excitement of opening something someone PHYSICALLY sent to you with their own two little hands vs. email.
I love getting mail from friends and am a card hoarder. Fun fact about me, if you send me a card I will never, ever, ever throw it away. EVER. I keep all the cards people send me in a semi-organized pile/on the fridge so I can go back through them and re-read all the sweet words friends and family have sent me. I've always been a card hoarder, but I have become borderline militant about keeping physical mail since I've been feeling all kinds of homesick and seeing familiar handwriting is like having a little connection with home.
If you are like me and card-hoard, let's be friends and hoard together! I'm announcing the brand-spankin' new Snail Mail Collective! The talented and beautiful Melyssa @ The Nectar Collective and Chelsea @ Lost. In. Travels have put their clever heads together and have created a great opportunity for people to connect via mail.
Here are the rules straight from Lost.In.Travels:
Rules & Information
In order to participate in the Snail Mail Collective this July, please fill out this form. Filling out the form means you commit to actively participating and following the rules below.
2. Each month's gifts will have a theme. The first theme (for July) is to introduce where you live - what's special about it?
3. Each month, we will be taking sign-ups until the 7th day of the month. After that, the pairings will be posted on our blogs on the 9th or 10th of the month. Please check Lost in Travels or The Nectar Collective to find out who you're paired with.
4. You will have 72 hours to contact your partner (both partners must communicate together). If you're partner does not respond within 72 hours, please e-mail Melyssa or Chelsea.
5. You will have about two weeks to get to know your partner. After that time, your gifts must be sent by the 22nd of the month.
6. Gifts: Your present(s) should not total more than $5. We want this project to be affordable for you, so think small, but meaningful. Also, all packages must include a postcard (preferable) or a letter to your partner. Motivate them, tell them all the beautiful things you learned about them this month, and make them feel special! We could all use a little encouragement, especially from our new friends.
7. Once you receive your gifts, we highly encourage you to write a blog post about your experience. Share what you gave, received, and learned through participating in the Snail Mail Collective and meeting your new buddy.
8. At the beginning of each month, we will hold a link-up on our blogs (The Nectar Collective & Lost in Travels) where you can share and link-up your SMC blog posts. This way, you can see how people around the world interpreted the theme, learn about other cultures, and meet even more new friends.
|A little peek at what Melyssa sent out to all of her participants during a recent postcard giveaway.|
Have a wonderful day and maybe I'll get to send you a piece of mail soon! ;)