Thursday, May 30, 2013

The Clothing Collective: Introductions!


Today, I'm going to share with you the very FIRST post in The Clothing Collective series that my friend Katie and I are doing together. For starters we wanted to introduce ourselves so that you know who we are and why we created The Clothing Collective!

My name is Crystal and until just a few years I was pretty much fashion challenged. I never knew what to wear and always felt like I was lost in a clothing store. On top of being a complete fashion wreck I was also struggling with my weight and not knowing how to flatter my body with my clothing choices was hard. Well the fitness gods intervened and I got myself a brand-new body, but STILL no clue how to best accentuate it so I started to study up and I really began to see fashion in a whole new light. Fashion stopped being my life's bane and became a thing that I enjoyed after I took the time to understand how to dress my shape. I believe that fashion should be a vehicle of self-expression and empowerment for women at every size, and I hope you like what I bring to The Clothing Collective, because I'll be bringing my A-game!


Hi there! My name is Katie. I’m a fashion school drop-out turned journalist but I still love clothes and I love seeing what creative outfits other people come up with (particularly if they are daring as that is so not my style!).  My look would probably best be described as classic with a nod to current trends (ugh, how pretentious does that sound?). All I know is I absolutely think less is more and would rather have an understated look than be known for being over the top—but don’t get me wrong I love bold looks on other ladies! My clothes are rarely* designer because um, journalist, here, but I don’t see that as an impediment to creating really cute looks.

I’m excited to start this project with Crystal and see what we both come up!

*and by rarely, I mean never.


Well, that was us in a nutshell, wow, writing ABOUT yourself is much harder than you think. :) We really hope that you are as excited as we are, and to get you just as ramped up here is a schedule to let you know which occasions we will be tackling this month.

Anniversary/ Date Night June 2nd
Spring Garden Part June 9th
Summer Fun June 16th
Work Out Outfit June 23rd
Beachwear June 30th

Have a wonderful day and we can't wait to get our very first outfit post underway this Sunday! Make sure to swing by on the 2nd to see what we come up with and to let us know what you think. Also, if you have any ideas for future outfit posts let us know.

No comments:

Post a Comment