Saturday, May 25, 2013

BEDM Challenge: Day 25 Like A Bright Star

I think the blog every day challenge has been really good for me because I have actually been finding it easier to write. Before the challenge writing a blog post was an ordeal that needed to be carefully planned out with a day dedicated to it, but now I can do it fairly painlessly. Day 25's prompt:

"Something someone told you about yourself that you'll never forget (good or bad)"

When I sat down to think of what to write for this blog post I immediately knew what I wanted to write. I have no idea why, but the words of an ex-boyfriend came to mind and despite all the things that others have said to be his words kept ringing in my ears.

"You are like a bright star that burns too brightly for other people to catch."

Image courtesy of christmashat, here.
I literally have NO IDEA why this kept popping in my head today because it honestly hasn't come to mind in forever, but it was one of those moments of honesty and sincerity, and I think that's why it came to mind.

Oddly enough his words were part of the inspiration that I needed to stay AWAY from him when our relationship went south. Funny how that works, huh?

What's something memorable that someone told you and how did it affect you? I'm sure that it played significant part of your life, but did it help you make a life changing decision like it did for me? 


6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I took it as good, and he meant it positively. When you get to know me I can be a force of nature.

      Delete
  2. Ya. I kinda get it. Like you're so awesome, you aren't even in the same wavelength as other folks. That's a sweet thing to say!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exaxctly!! Thanks for explaining it better than I did. :)

      Delete
  3. What a beautiful phrase! And such a compliment, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is such a great phrase. I am happy you too it as a good thing because I can tell you are a shining star :)

    ReplyDelete