Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Kiwi & Aloe Smoothie

Today I am going to share my newest smoothie creation and it's a drink that I feel is absolutely perfect for spring! Before moving to South Korea I knew about aloe juice, but I had never really paid it much attention. What a mistake!!! I LOVE aloe juice and thankfully it's really popular in South Korea and can always be found in any convenience store or sidewalk stand. Upon discovering my love for aloe juice I also rediscovered how much I enjoy kiwis!! While out in the city I got a really great deal on about half a dozen or so ripe kiwis for around 2 bucks yesterday and I instantly knew that I had to figure out how to make a green smoothie in honor of the warming weather.

I really love this smoothie because it isn't too thick and is more of a juice, and it's tartness from the kiwis is so refreshing! If you prefer a thicker smoothie I would try tossing in a frozen banana or maybe yogurt.

The great thing about this smoothie is that is is really light and delicious and so SIMPLE! You only need 3 ingredients and a blender. How great is that?

Ingredients:
1 cup of ice
1 cup of Aloe juice
2 kiwis


1. Peel the kiwis with a paring knife. Make sure to cut the ends off first before attempting to slice off the skin so that you can get a solid base to make skinning the kiwi a breeze.

2. Put ice, kiwis, and aloe juice into blender and make some magic.

3. Pour and enjoy!

Nutrition:
Fat: .67g
Carbohydrates: 45.6g
Fiber: 5.14
Protein: 1.48
WW+ points: 3 pts +

Makes one serving.

I hope you enjoy my creation and let me know what you think! What are some of your favorite smoothie recipes?



No comments:

Post a Comment