Monday, April 8, 2013

April Showers....


The old adage of April showers bring May flowers couldn't be more true even when half-way around the globe from where I grew up. Spring has begun to show its face in Seoul and it has brought no shortage of spring showers in its wake.

Despite the rain I had an eventful and enjoyable weekend! For starters a good friend of mine spent his last weekend in Seoul and I had a great time celebrating with my friend Brady. I also got in a fun trip to scout out a couple of new vintage items and started working on a new book, The Handmade Marketplace by Kari Chapin.




I am only a few chapters in so far, but I can tell that this little book is well worth the purchase. Already I feel like I have gained great knowledge, resources, and not to mention well needed inspiration. Kari Chapin's writing is really enjoyable and makes reading the book a breeze.


I am reading the book for the Roost Tribe book club that I just joined up with and I couldn't be more pleased with the sense of community that I am experiencing so far.

I am beyond excited about joining the Roost Tribe and I will share my final thoughts on this book in a future post. :)
  


Here are a couple of images I wanted to share from my weekend, and I hope that y'all had a restful and enjoyable weekend break. 
Sunset on my walk home through my neighborhood, Hannam-dong.
My friend Brady and I having fun at the Navajo bar in Sookdae.
 I know I was busy this weekend, but is there anything that you have started over the weekend and are excited about? 

P.S.Keep an eye out for some great vintage items and a new blog post on how to thrift successfully.



No comments:

Post a Comment