Sunday, September 9, 2012

Thank Thoreau

I just registered for the GRE. I am FREAKING out.

If you talk to anyone, anyone at all, you will find that I have dreamt about graduate school since I was a small girl. I had more books than friends and I wasn't sad about it. I have wanted to go to graduate school more than anything. I didn't play with barbies, I tried to figure out where the dinosaurs went, and why the Egyptians built pyramids.

So much work is to be done and I feel like a rubber band being pulled in so many directions. Runner. Wife. Etsy lady. Blogger. Novice Seamstress. Teacher. Friend. Taekwondo kicker. Daughter. Hangul student. Now, I am adding on studying for the GRE, getting my applications together, and finishing my writing sample....Sheesh.

But as I think about all the work I have ahead of me, and all that must be done to apply to grad schools...I think about this....

"...if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours."
 -A Life in the Woods
Henry David Thoreau

Thank Thoreau.

I would just change the he to she ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment