Saturday, March 30, 2013

Orange Banana Smoothie


I will be sharing a smoothie recipe which takes my current fruit obsession to a whole new level! Lately, I have been obsessed with oranges and cannot seem to get enough of the sweet citrus treat, and this morning I was hankering for a new way to enjoy the fruit. I turned to my blender and thought for a few minutes while surveying the contents of my fridge before whipping up this simple, healthy, and yummy smoothie.



What you need:
1/4 cup Milk (I used Lactaid milk because of my lactose intolerance, but real milk would work just as well. Also, if you are lactose intolerant like me, but prefer soy milk I am certain that it would be just as delicious)
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 medium orange, peeled and quartered
1 frozen banana (I used a frozen banana because I wanted to add creaminess to the smoothie and wanted to avoid ice to keep the flavor from being watered down)


Directions:

Get your blender handy and get ready to make smoothie magic!

Put all ingredients into blender and blend until smooth.

Pour smoothie and enjoy!

Makes one serving

Nutrition:
Fat: .54g
Carbs: 56.21g
Fiber: 6.18g
Protein: 10.51g

Weight Watchers Points+: 5pts

Have a wonderful day and I hope that y'all enjoy this healthy treat when you want to shake up your morning routine! It tastes almost like an orange creamsicle, which makes this smoothie a winner for welcoming spring.


2 comments:

  1. this sounds sooo yummy! i love smoothies and love finding new ways to make flavors :) thanks for sharing, great blog dear :)

    xo,
    kristyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kristyn,

      Thanks for the comment! If you make the smoothie let me know how you like it!

      Delete