Saturday, December 29, 2012

Things I love: My kids

I just want to take a moment to have a proud mamma moment.
I LOVE MY KIDS!

No, they aren't REALLY my kids, but they may as well be. Until recently I have been teaching English at a nearby hagwon or private school and during my time as a teacher I fell absolutely in love with my kiddos.

I used to be scared of little kids. They are so small and fragile looking and I was really nervous about being responsible for an entire classroom. My nervousness and anxiety about being  left alone with a room full of children dissolved almost instantly.

I couldn't help myself. I absolutely fell in love with each of them. I won't lie 10 five year-olds or 8 nine year-olds can be incredibly difficult to control with all the mood swings and tantrums, but I learned how to set boundaries and be firm while showing them all the love I could muster. The end result was all the love and hugs that I could handle on a daily basis Mon-Fri. 
Being a teacher was great, but the sense of fulfillment and direction that these kids have given my life is amazing. Even though I don't teach there anymore I have made sure to go to see them regularly and I can't believe how big they are getting! Teaching children was a new experience for me, served to make me into a better teacher, and has only furthered my desire to get my PhD.

Moral of the story: Kids rock! Also, I got baby fever, whoops.


4 comments:

  1. Wow!! I must say, I'm glad I stumbled across your blog. I love it! How long have you been living in Seoul? And so you intend on staying? I go visit every summer to see friends and family. I just can't get enough of the motherland. :)

    Wishing you a wonderful beginning into the new year! *your newest follower via greader.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by! I am glad that you found us :)

      Where do you visit when you come to S.Korea? Also, where are your favorite spots? I am always on the look out for new places to explore.

      I have been living in Seoul for nearly a year now and I have about another year left before it will be time to go back home. Thank you for the well wishes and I hope your 2013 brings you joy and happiness!

      새해 복 많이 받으세요!!!

      Delete