Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Breakfast : Asian Pear Honey Oatmeal


I love breakfast. 

Hands down, breakfast is my favorite meal of the day, and I love to keep switching up what I start my day with.  If you haven't had Asian pears, then prepare to have your mind blown! I usually HATE pears....the texture...the taste, bleh. However, when I moved to Seoul, I saw the enormous fruit that is an Asian pear and decided to give it a whirl.....DELICIOUS. I love the crisp, light, clean flavor and the satisfying crunch you get when biting into a piece of that pear.

Here is a favorite way of mine for spicing up oatmeal with Asian pear!

Asian Pear Honey Oatmeal

Ingredients:
 1/2 cup of quick oats
 1 Tbsp Honey
 1/4 cup of Asian Pear

Makes 1 serving




I chop up my Asian pear before I get my oatmeal going because I like to have a delicious piping hot bowl of oatmeal, and I find that sometimes I take too long to cut it and my oatmeal gets gummy. I like to cut the Asian pear in half and then in fourths, from here I slice them into matchsticks.

My husband and I love to make this breakfast when we have a lazy Sunday together; you can see him helping with the slice and dice action.

 Next make your oatmeal as directed from the instructions on the container. I really love using Quaker Oats Quick 1 minute oats, but you can use any quick oats that you prefer.
Serve up the oatmeal, top with pear, and finally drizzle the honey over the top. Stand back, admire your work, and eat up!



I hope you enjoy this healthy and filling breakfast, which will be sure to keep you going until lunchtime!

Nutrition
Fat: 8g
Fiber: 9g
Carbs: 59g
Protein: 4g

  
Weight Watchers points +: 8 for 1 serving


No comments:

Post a Comment