Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Banana Blast Smoothie

I am a fairly healthy person, and something of a fitness junkie, but I love food. So, when I started being health conscious I refused to sacrifice taste and variety. One of my limitations concerning smoothies and cooking is that I am lactose intolerant and for the most part most of my smoothies consist of a soy milk base. In search of the perfect smoothie, I started playing around with different smoothie combinations and came across a classic and simple recipe for an amazing banana smoothie.

Ingredients
2 frozen bananas (I usually just grab a couple of bananas that are very close to being too mushy and brown, peel, and freeze them)
1 cup of soy milk
1 tbs of honey





This particular smoothie is a snap to make. Simply put bananas, soy milk, and honey in your blender and mix for about a minute on the puree setting. Within 60 seconds you will have an amazing and nutritious breakfast that will keep you going all morning!

Nutrition
Fat: 4g
Fiber: 7g
Carbs:40
Sugar: 23g
Protein: 11g

Weight Watchers points +: 5 pts for 1 serving

Tip: If you find that your bananas are to much for your blender to handle when frozen, just make sure to let the bananas thaw for a few minutes before using them. The more frozen your bananas are the creamier your smoothie will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment