Saturday, February 2, 2013

Airplane Must Haves!

I have been fairly silent on the blog and I am more than a little annoyed at myself for not keeping new content coming in. A mini-resolution for my 2013 had been to make sure that the blog stays fresh and continues to grow. 

Whoops! 

Well, here is a little something to share! Tomorrow I will be hopping on a plane and heading to America! Hooray.  :)

I am so excited for a small trip home and even though it is only for a week I cannot contain my excitement. My husband only recently returned from a work trip that lasted a couple of weeks and so I am reluctant to leave him just yet, but this trip is a very important one!

I got invited to visit and meet with faculty at a graduate school that I am VERY interested in. I am keeping my mouth shut about the visit because I am one of those people who is a little TOO superstitious and I don't want to jinx it. I will blab all about it as soon as it all goes down, but until then mum's the word! ;)


As I am sitting here packing (or procrastinating about packing according to my husband, haha) there is a small army of MUST HAVE items that I am pretty sure I will implode without during the 14 hour flight back home (longer when you count the domestic transfers, booooo).

I wanted to share my must haves since I am being secretive about my final destination for the trip. Here is the basis for my sanity when shuffling between planes on particularly long airplane trips.





Here is a little about why I NEED these items...
Downton Abbey Dvd 1: Okay, so I am FINALLY getting into this show and I predict that as long as I have a power source the hours of layovers will just slip on by!
Taylor Swift Notebook: One of my bestfriends just sent me a care package with a Taylor Swift notebook in it and I plan on writing in it constantly during my trip. All thoughts must be worthy.
Kashi Honey Almond Flax Bar: Helps me cut down on eating random junk on the flight and in the terminals. So yummy!
Burt's Bees Lip Balm: I carry an endless supply of these little babies because I am constantly misplacing them and chapped lips are like a death sentence when traveling.
Iron Man Earbuds: These earbuds are the earbuds to end ALL earbuds! I wear them when I run and workout, and after trying about 5 different brands these are the BEST! They are super comfortable and great at keeping out noise. Perfect for traveling. :)
Toms: Comfy and slip-on. Need I say more?!
My beloved Macbook Pro: I would be a hot mess without my baby.

What must have items do you have when you travel? I hope you all have a wonderful week and maybe I will squeeze in a little updating, too. :) Wish me luck!


2 comments:

  1. I agree with all of these! Great list of travel must haves :)

    http://www.teenyhippie.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karen-
      Thanks for the comment! What are some of your must haves in the airport?

      Delete